    Example: one class calls the function from another class that is located on
    another computer.

    Thank you for any keywords!

    Aleksej, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Aleksej

    Phlip Guest

    Aleksej wrote:

    > What mechanisms are usually used in C++ when the project consists of
    > several processes located at different network nodes? I mean the
    > mechanisms that make it easier to program all the messaging between
    > processes/classes.
    > Example: one class calls the function from another class that is located
    > on another computer.

    You are asking for an ORB, such as ActiveX (DCOM) or CORBA.

    I would also use a light language like Ruby as a soft layer, and then
    message between servers using Distributed Ruby. Because Ruby, like DCOM or
    CORBA, is a system to portably specify objects, Ruby (or a similar soft
    language) could be your ORB.

    There's very little difference between this...

    C++ object -> Ruby object -> DRuby -> Ruby method -> C++ method

    ....and this:

    C++ object -> IDL object -> ORB -> IDL method -> C++ method.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 7, 2006

  3. Aleksej

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Aleksej wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > What mechanisms are usually used in C++ when the project consists of several
    > processes located at different network nodes?

    Usually some form of network communication takes place.

    I mean the mechanisms that
    > make it easier to program all the messaging between processes/classes.

    Too numerous. There is no "usual" way. You might use corba, soap, or
    something else.

    Noah Roberts, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Aleksej wrote:
    > What mechanisms are usually used in C++ when the project consists of
    > several processes located at different network nodes?

    None. C++ doesn't have any mechanisms for interprocess communication.
    You need to ask in the newsgroup for your OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 7, 2006
  5. Aleksej

    Lynn McGuire Guest

    > What mechanisms are usually used in C++ when the project consists of several processes located at different network nodes? I mean
    > the mechanisms that make it easier to program all the messaging between processes/classes.
    > Example: one class calls the function from another class that is located on another computer.

    Look for MPI such as http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/

    Lynn

    Lynn McGuire, Sep 7, 2006