Mechanize and Radiobuttons

barjunk

I have found Mechanize fairly intuitive and easy to use. (after
learning some HTML! :)) and wondered if I'm doing something wrong when
using radiobuttons.

There are two radio buttons on the form I am working with and wondered
if when I set the second button

forms.radiobuttons[1].checked=true

It leaves radiobuttons[0] (the default button on the form) checked
value as true as well.

It's no problem to just set the originally set radiobutton
forms.radiobuttons[0]=false, but since that's not how a radio button
control would work in a browser, I thought I might be doing something
wrong.

Thanks for producing such an awesome tool!

Mike B.

A LeDonne

I have found Mechanize fairly intuitive and easy to use. (after
learning some HTML! :)) and wondered if I'm doing something wrong when
using radiobuttons.

There are two radio buttons on the form I am working with and wondered
if when I set the second button

forms.radiobuttons[1].checked=true

It leaves radiobuttons[0] (the default button on the form) checked
value as true as well.

It's no problem to just set the originally set radiobutton
forms.radiobuttons[0]=false, but since that's not how a radio button
control would work in a browser, I thought I might be doing something
wrong.

Thanks for producing such an awesome tool!

Mike B.

That's probably an HTML problem in the form. See
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp for an example. Note that
the name attribute must be set to the same string for each button in
the group.

-A