Media Framework presence

Francois

Hello,

Applications produced by my project, sometimes (not always) relys on
the presence of the Media Framework on the machine of the final user.
When an application created with my project uses Media framework, is
launched on a machine where JMF is not installed, it crashes badly
(hard reset necessary).
So my question : is there a way to detect if the JMF is installed on
the machine of the final user?

Thanks for you input,

Francois

Daniel Pitts

Francois said:
Hello,

Applications produced by my project, sometimes (not always) relys on
the presence of the Media Framework on the machine of the final user.
When an application created with my project uses Media framework, is
launched on a machine where JMF is not installed, it crashes badly
(hard reset necessary).
So my question : is there a way to detect if the JMF is installed on
the machine of the final user?

Thanks for you input,

Francois
A hard crash because JMF isn't installed sounds like some other issue.
Worse case, it *should* only throw an ClassNotFoundException or the
like. Perhaps your end user does have JMF installed, but the video
driver has a bug in it which causes the crash.