    header.html but the playlist restarts on every page.

    Any way to get the object to load and stay without restarting?

    Thanks.

    Tom, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Tom" <>
    writing in news:O$:

    > I have a media player object in ASP on a default page. I'd like to
    > have the audio play continuously no matter what page the user goes to.
    >
    > In all of the ASP files I have:
    ><!--#include file="header.html"--> right after the <body> tag. The
    >header
    > file has the page header graphic and menu. I tried to put the
    > <OBJECT> in header.html but the playlist restarts on every page.
    >
    > Any way to get the object to load and stay without restarting?
    >
    > Thanks.

    ASP knows nothing of what the client is doing. Ask in a client side
    group, perhaps alt.html .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 17, 2008

  3. Tom

    zachd [MSFT] Guest

    It doesn't work like that. Page-specific objects get destroyed on
    navigatation to the next page. Otherwise you'd be in a wacky state - if the
    contention?

    If you want to do this, you would need to use some sort of frame set, with
    the player embedded in a preserved page that doesn't flip with the rest of
    the pages.

    --
    Speaking for myself only.

    zachd [MSFT], Feb 17, 2008
  4. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Where can I find a reference for all of the available properties and methods
    for WMP to use in the <OBJECT>?

    Thanks...

    Tom, Feb 19, 2008
  5. Tom

    zachd [MSFT] Guest

    MSDN is a pretty useful reference for this sort of question:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb249680.aspx
    should cover it. =)

    Cheers,
    -Zach