Media Player Object

Tom

I have a media player object in ASP on a default page. I'd like to have the
audio play continuously no matter what page the user goes to.

In all of the ASP files I have:
<!--#include file="header.html"--> right after the <body> tag. The header
file has the page header graphic and menu. I tried to put the <OBJECT> in
header.html but the playlist restarts on every page.

Any way to get the object to load and stay without restarting?

Thanks.

Adrienne Boswell

I have a media player object in ASP on a default page. I'd like to
have the audio play continuously no matter what page the user goes to.

In all of the ASP files I have:
<!--#include file="header.html"--> right after the <body> tag. The
header
file has the page header graphic and menu. I tried to put the
<OBJECT> in header.html but the playlist restarts on every page.

Any way to get the object to load and stay without restarting?

Thanks.

ASP knows nothing of what the client is doing. Ask in a client side
group, perhaps alt.html .

zachd [MSFT]

It doesn't work like that. Page-specific objects get destroyed on
navigatation to the next page. Otherwise you'd be in a wacky state - if the
contention?

If you want to do this, you would need to use some sort of frame set, with
the player embedded in a preserved page that doesn't flip with the rest of
the pages.

Tom

Where can I find a reference for all of the available properties and methods
for WMP to use in the <OBJECT>?

Thanks...