    aggravation included having to register and log in (16.7%) and having to install
    extra software (15.7%).
    <unquote>
    solitaire, Jul 30, 2005

  2. solitaire

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, solitaire quothed:

    > http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?1003509
    >
    > <quote>
    > Pop-ups, site registration, slow pages, dead links... These are just a few of
    > the many things that Internet users don't like.
    >
    > A new survey conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) for Hostway finds that
    > Internet users have plenty of complaints. Some 2,500 adult consumers throughout
    > the US were asked to identify things that annoyed them about commercial Web
    > sites. More than one-third of respondents cited pop-up ads. Other sources of
    > aggravation included having to register and log in (16.7%) and having to install
    > extra software (15.7%).
    > <unquote>

    Yup, all those things, and more. What's really a joke is that the
    original client is *paying* some jamoke to turn-away customers because
    of an erroneous "websense" on one or both their parts.

    The new popup blockers are pretty effective so what annoys me most now
    is downloading software, especially to facilitate crap I don't want/want
    to see in the first place. What's really suave is having to download
    software in order to download software for which the first software is
    needed beforehand. Anybody aware of the situation should known that
    downloading a bunch of ActiveX controls (particularly for trivial
    reasons) is generally not a good idea.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 30, 2005