"Member not found" using input property on MSXML processor object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andy Norman, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Andy Norman

    Andy Norman Guest

    I have a strange problem.

    When I try to call the input property of the MSXML processor object from
    VBScript in an ASPX page I get the error "Member not found".

    The same code (with a few "set" statements added) works find in ASP.

    What on earth is going on ? I can't find anything in the knowledge base on
    it.

    Here is a copy of a test page that demonstrates the problem.

    <%@ Page validateRequest=false aspcompat="TRUE" language="vbscript"
    trace="true" debug="true" %>
    <script language="vbscript" runat="server">

    sub Transform()
    dim oXmlIn
    dim oXsl
    dim oTemplate
    dim oProc
    dim sXsl

    oXmlIn = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0")
    if oXmlIn.loadXml("<root/>") then
    Trace.Write("Xml load worked")
    else
    Trace.Write("Xml load failed")
    end if

    sXsl = "<?xml version=""1.0""?>" & _
    "<xsl:stylesheet version=""1.0""
    xmlns:xsl=""http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"">" & _
    "<xsl:eek:utput method=""html""/>" & _
    "<xsl:template match=""/"">root</xsl:template>" & _
    "</xsl:stylesheet>"

    oXsl = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0")
    if oXsl.loadXml(sXsl) then
    Trace.Write("Xsl load worked")
    else
    Trace.Write("Xsl load failed")
    end if

    oTemplate = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate.4.0")

    oTemplate.stylesheet = oXsl
    oProc = oTemplate.createProcessor()
    if oProc is nothing then
    Trace.Write("createProcessor failed")
    else
    Trace.Write("createProcessor worked")
    end if

    oProc.input = oXmlIn
    oProc.transform
    end sub

    </script>
    <%
    Call Transform()
    %>
    Andy Norman, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Andy Norman wrote:

    > I have a strange problem.
    >
    > When I try to call the input property of the MSXML processor object from
    > VBScript in an ASPX page I get the error "Member not found".
    >
    > The same code (with a few "set" statements added) works find in ASP.

    ASP and ASP.NET are different beasts. ASP.NET is based on .NET and
    doesn't use MSXML therefore. What's wrong with System.Xml pile of
    functionality?
    --
    Oleg Tkachenko
    XML Insider