    appreciated.

    Tks!
    Justin D.
    Justin Dutoit, Apr 3, 2008

  2. The best favor you can do yourself is to search out and find the base
    MembershipProvider classes (they are freely available, I just cannot remember
    the exact URL). and see how you can write (or override) a custom provider
    method for this goal.

    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    +> Hi gents. I'm new to 2.0, and want to set up a three-strikes 15-minute

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Apr 3, 2008

  3. Justin Dutoit

    clintonG Guest

    Use what's available in web.config declarations to assign the number of
    tries before locking them out. As for the 15 minute issue? For the most part
    I would forget about it as over-kill that really gains little to nothing
    that can't be accomplished in the web.config or recording the IP and
    responding accordingly.

    As for remembering where all this stuff is? I use Microsoft's consistent use
    of keywords by doing this...

    //websearch
    overview membership provider class site:msdn2.microsoft.com

    clintonG, Apr 3, 2008