Membership and lockouts

Justin Dutoit

Hi gents. I'm new to 2.0, and want to set up a three-strikes 15-minute
lockout policy using Membership and the login control, i.e. you can try
again after 15 minutes, *without* manual unlocking. Any help would be
appreciated.

Tks!
Justin D.

clintonG

Use what's available in web.config declarations to assign the number of
tries before locking them out. As for the 15 minute issue? For the most part
I would forget about it as over-kill that really gains little to nothing
that can't be accomplished in the web.config or recording the IP and
responding accordingly.

As for remembering where all this stuff is? I use Microsoft's consistent use
of keywords by doing this...

//websearch
overview membership provider class site:msdn2.microsoft.com