    to copy tables from this database to TWSAN. Is this possible.

    Thanks,

    , Jun 29, 2007

  2. David Wier Guest

    You could use DTS to send them, if your host allows it

    --
    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider

    David Wier, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Roland Dick Guest

    schrieb:

    > server. Over live server I have only one database TWSAN I just want
    > to copy tables from this database to TWSAN. Is this possible.

    It is possible, but you have to be careful which tables to copy first
    because of the foreign key constraints.
    It might be easier to copy your TWSAN database onto your development
    machine, adapt web.config to make the membership controls use that
    database, and copy the database back to the live server (unless there
    are changes, e.g. inserts, made to the database in between, of course).

    As for how to configure web.config to use something else than aspnet.mdf
    for membership, have a look at
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998317.aspx (or google for
    aspnet_regsql membership asp.net). Especially important is the
    <membership><providers> section. Aspnet_regsql is a tool that creates
    the necessary tables in your database and comes with the framework.

    Hope this helps,

    Roland

    Roland Dick, Jun 30, 2007
  4. sloan Guest

    That db is a just a default.

    And you dont have to use the default.

    Look up "membership provider" and "sql server 2000".

    You don't have to use 2000, but it'll show you how to put your data into a
    non default database.

    There's even an Access implementation.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/eula.aspx?id=96713a8e-b8d4-4d6e-bb8f-027e6c8e15d8

    I'm not recommending Access, (unless its a super small site perhaps) BUT
    again, shows you how to switch out to a non default db.

    sloan, Jun 30, 2007