    have access to different users to different pages depends upon there roles.
    I pls ask you give me some concrete solutions.:D, maybe some code, or
    example.

    Seema, Jun 9, 2009

  2. On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:42:01 -0700, Seema
    <> wrote:

    > i've started to develop a website for a project. i want to use a different
    >database than the one delivered by visual studio, to store users and users
    >role, to allow users access to different pages depending which role it's has.
    >i have this table users where i store the users and data about them(first
    >name, last name, password,city, phone number...etc). I have another table
    >named roles where it describe mane of roles e'g Manager, Admin etc. want to
    >have access to different users to different pages depends upon there roles.
    >I pls ask you give me some concrete solutions.:D, maybe some code, or
    >example.

    The links below will point you in the right direction. With a clear
    understanding how roles and memberships are used you should be able to
    create and manage the two and use whatever datastore you prefer.

    Walkthrough: Managing Web Site Users with Roles
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t32yf0a9.aspx

    Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/879kf95c.aspx

    regards
    A.G.

    Registered User, Jun 9, 2009