    Seems like the login toolbox is a little "incomplete" to me.

    Cheers,
    Steven

    Steven Nagy, Apr 12, 2007

  2. The API is easy enough to use on your own without additional
    "administrative" controls. The focus of the Membership and Profile APIs is a
    "help yourself" type of scenario. I agree that it could be improved with
    other implementations, but it is not that hard to work around.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 12, 2007

  3. Steven Nagy

    SAL Guest

    It is pretty easy like Cowboy says:

    Get all roles:
    Return Roles.GetAllRoles

    Get users in a role
    Roles.GetUsersInRole(roleName)

    Add user to a role
    Roles.AddUserToRole(user, role)

    Remove a user from a role
    Roles.RemoveUserFromRole(user, role)

    HTH

    SAL, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Steven Nagy

    Steven Nagy Guest

    Thanks guys.
    I knew it would be easy.
    I'm just wondering why MS opted to create a login control,
    registration form, etc since it is that easy.
    I guess I'm asking "Why both creating any controls if you're not going
    to create them all?"

    Cheers,
    Steven

    Steven Nagy, Apr 12, 2007