Membership.CreateUser without Question/Answer

Jonathan Wood

In my application, new accounts must be created by an administrator--users
will not create their own. Ideally, the user could then log on and specify
their own password question and answer, and the administrator doesn't even
know what that question and answer is.

I thought I could do this since Membership.CreateUser() includes an overload
that does not include question and answer arguments. However, when I use it,
I get the error "Invalid question-answer."

Can anyone suggest a better approach?

Thanks.

Scott Roberts

Change your Membership settings in web.config to not require a question &
answer.

On the provider, the attribute is:

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"