Membership Logout Programmatically

jcochran

I need to be able to logout users that are logged in if I change their
membership role information.

Membership.UpdateUser(CurrentUser)
If CurrentUser.IsOnline Then
' NEED CODE HERE TO LOGOUT THE USE I JUST UPDATED....
End If

FormsAuthentication.SignOut will not work in this instance because this
will ofcourse log ME out.

~ Jason

jcochran

Update:

I had a chat with Scottgu over at MS and he mentioned that if I were to
change the role of a user the user would get kicked out of the members
area on the next request if I did not have caching turned on.

This fixes what I was trying to do.

Visit Scott here: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/