    Thus my login status control doesnt work nor does my login name control.

    I am completely lost. I have been fighting with this thing for so long I
    could have made my own login methodology by now!
    Sean, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Sean

    Sean Guest

    I cant believe this! If you basically ignore all example of how to set up
    forms security in the web.config file and just place the following

    <authentication mode="Forms" />

    the membership frameworks starts to work properly! I log in and
    membership.getuser() actually works!
    Basically I took out all the settings and it works perfectly now.

    Sean, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    no..I think I was doing two things wrong.

    1. trying to evaluate the membershipuser on the same page that has the login.
    Clearly the current member doesnt get established until after the page posts
    back which leads to issue 2.
    2. I have login and redirect in forms security as the same page becuase I
    just wanted to get this moving. Becuase it wasnt posting to a new page on
    validation the code objects never got filled

    Sean, Jun 11, 2006