    as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on, but cannot stay log
    on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in become log on, but when I
    access the protected page, it still prompt me for log in. Please help!
    Scatir, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Scatir

    Jay Guest

    well first, how are you storing your "login"

    are u using cookies? or sessions? or what?

    no one can help you without any of this information. And there is probably
    more that you need to submit.

    Thanks,
    Jay

    Jay, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Scatir wrote:
    > Hi, I have a membership problem I couldn't resolve. I have set up
    > membership as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on,
    > but cannot stay log on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in
    > become log on, but when I access the protected page, it still prompt
    > me for log in. Please help!

    I haven't a clue what you are talking about, but if, as I suspect, you're
    talking about asp.net:

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 25, 2006
  4. Scatir

    Scatir Guest

    I am using SQL to store the membership,

    the code in web.config is as follow,

    <roleManager enabled="true"/>
    <authentication mode="Forms"/>
    <membership defaultProvider="MembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="MembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="DataConnection" minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    Scatir, Aug 25, 2006
  5. Scatir

    Scatir Guest

    Sorry that I didn't realize this is a classic ASP newsgroup. Ya, it is
    regards to ASP.Net, thanks for the help.

    Scatir, Aug 25, 2006