membership provider for the sam database

Jerry C

Is there a membership provider for the sam database on a Windows 2003 server
in the workgroup configuration. (No Active Directory). The out of the box
providers seem to be only for SQL and Active directory.

Thank you,

Jerry

Dominick Baier

if your accounts are local to the web server you can simply use integrated
auth. otherwise - never seen such a thing.

Jerry C

Dominick
Thanks for the reply,
I was hoping someone located a custom provider for membership that used the
sam database for a store. That way all I would have to do to change the type
of authentication was to change the membership provider in webconfig

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Jerry,

As for the SAM database, so far I haven't found any 3rd party ASP.NET 2.0
provider(membership or role or ...) for it. The following blog article has
mentioned some existing membership/role providers, include SQL db, MySql,
Oracle....

#ASP.NET 2.0 Membership, Roles, Forms Authentication, and Security
Resources
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/02/24/438953.aspx

If you do need to connect it follow the provider model(I think this is the
best practice for ASP.NET 2.0 application), you may consider building a
custom one. And ASP.NET team has published the 2.0 built-in providers'
source code, this will he good resource for your reference if you'd like to
write a custom one:

#Source Code for the Built-in ASP.NET 2.0 Providers Now Available for
Download
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/13/442772.aspx

Hope this helps some.

Regards,