Membership Provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlMaQ==?=, Feb 17, 2006.

  1. I have a perfectly working aspnet v2 website on my local machine with the
    following connection strings:
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data
    Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;
    AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;
    User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data
    Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;
    User
    Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|ASPNET.mdf"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    />
    </connectionStrings>

    when i upload it to my remote web host with SQL 2000, it doesnt work. I
    called the support and said just
    restore the database. i use sql server mgmt studio but it wont restore or
    attach the dbs. DO i need a sql 2005
    server on the remote to able to attach the sqlExpress. do i need to copy
    each tables (I tried and it give s error).

    i have a simpler pages develop using access mdb drag and drop located in the
    app_data folder and it is working like magic.
    i am used to asp.net 1.x where even there is some code needed, i have the
    sql server ready even without the
    app_data folder and just connect direct to sql 2000. Is there something
    wrong in how i utilize the
    above connection string or the app_data folder? How can i deploy the
    aspnetdb.mdf on my remote sql 2000
    only capable web host so i can use the new membership features in v2? I
    have some aspnet 2 books and all samples
    work except no sample on deploying to a remote server.
    Can someone please enlighten me with my ignorance? thanks a lot.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlMaQ==?=, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Hi Denn,

    You need Sql 2005 for dynamic database attachment ("Registration") to the
    server.

    Best Regards,
    Parag.

    Parag C Mehta, Feb 17, 2006

  3. Denili,

    You need to import your database to the ISP database and change your
    connection strings so they point to the ISP database. Your ISP should have a
    help page on the connection strings.

    Good Luck
    DWS

    =?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=, Feb 17, 2006