MemberShip Question

Guest

I was install the starter kits CLUB, and created a CLUB WEB SITE, this
application use the MemberInfo table in club.mdf to store the
membership'data, but i can not find out where to define or configure the
MemberShipProvider relative to the MemberInfo Table, it just define the
connectionString in the web.config.

thanks.

Erik Funkenbusch

I was install the starter kits CLUB, and created a CLUB WEB SITE, this
application use the MemberInfo table in club.mdf to store the
membership'data, but i can not find out where to define or configure the
MemberShipProvider relative to the MemberInfo Table, it just define the
connectionString in the web.config.

thanks.

Ok.

Do you have a question?

Guest

My question is:

How to define or configure the MemberShipProvider relative to the MemberInfo
Table of the CLUB Web Site.

Thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Pony,

As for the Membership Provider setting, we can override it in our web
application's web.config file through the <membership> element. And by
default after you install the .net framework 2.0, the machine.config file
has predefined the default membership provider as SqlMembershipProvider,
and the default connectionstring use a local SQL Express data file (in
application's App_Data dir). e.g.

====in machine. config=========
<membership>
<providers>
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
</providers>
</membership>
===================

And the following section demonstrate a simple customizating on the default
provider(in application's web.config)

e.g.
===================
<membership>
<providers defaultProvider="ModifiedSqlProvider">

<add name="ModifiedSqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

<!-- customize certain attributes here.... -->

/>

</providers>
</membership>
==================

Also, as for the "Club" starter kit, I've just downloaded and had a look
into it. It seems the "MemberInfo" data table is not used for
formasuthentication/membership , and the MembershipProvider of this Club
starterkit web site is still the default SQL Provider which use the
"aspnetdb.mdf" in App_Data folder, so we should not redirect it to other
database/tables.

Hope this helps. If you still have anything unclear on the above settings
or any other questions, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Pony,

Does my last reply help you some on this issue? If there is anything else
we can help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead