    thanks.

    --
    Pony Tsui

    =?Utf-8?B?UG9ueSBUc3Vp?=, Jun 12, 2006

  2. On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:42:01 -0700, Pony Tsui wrote:

    > I was install the starter kits CLUB, and created a CLUB WEB SITE, this
    > application use the MemberInfo table in club.mdf to store the
    > membership'data, but i can not find out where to define or configure the
    > MemberShipProvider relative to the MemberInfo Table, it just define the
    > connectionString in the web.config.
    >
    > thanks.

    Ok.

    Do you have a question?

    Erik Funkenbusch, Jun 12, 2006

  3. My question is:

    How to define or configure the MemberShipProvider relative to the MemberInfo
    Table of the CLUB Web Site.

    Thanks

    --
    Pony Tsui

    =?Utf-8?B?UG9ueSBUc3Vp?=, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Hello Pony,

    As for the Membership Provider setting, we can override it in our web
    application's web.config file through the <membership> element. And by
    default after you install the .net framework 2.0, the machine.config file
    has predefined the default membership provider as SqlMembershipProvider,
    and the default connectionstring use a local SQL Express data file (in
    application's App_Data dir). e.g.

    ====in machine. config=========
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10"
    passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    ===================

    And the following section demonstrate a simple customizating on the default
    provider(in application's web.config)

    e.g.
    ===================
    <membership>
    <providers defaultProvider="ModifiedSqlProvider">

    <add name="ModifiedSqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

    <!-- customize certain attributes here.... -->

    />

    </providers>
    </membership>
    ==================

    Also, as for the "Club" starter kit, I've just downloaded and had a look
    into it. It seems the "MemberInfo" data table is not used for
    formasuthentication/membership , and the MembershipProvider of this Club
    starterkit web site is still the default SQL Provider which use the
    "aspnetdb.mdf" in App_Data folder, so we should not redirect it to other
    database/tables.

    Hope this helps. If you still have anything unclear on the above settings
    or any other questions, please feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 12, 2006
  5. Hello Pony,

    Does my last reply help you some on this issue? If there is anything else
    we can help, please feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 14, 2006