membership/roles create user problem

John

Hi

I have a web service asmx file in a sub folders of site app root folder.
With in the web service I am trying to cerate the user as below;

<WebMethod()> _
Public Function CreateUser(ByVal Username As String, ByVal Password As
String, ByVal Email As String, ByRef ErrMsg As String) As Boolean

Dim newUser As MembershipUser = Membership.CreateUser(Username, Password,
Email, passwordQuestion, passwordAnswer, True, status)
If (newUser Is Nothing) Then
ErrMsg = GetErrorMessage(status)
CreateUser = False
true
CreateUser = True
End If
End Function

The user seems to be created fine but it does not appear in the Web Site
Administration Tool list of users. When I look in the aspnet db, the user is
created in the vw_aspnet_Users table but not in any of the rest of the
tables such as vw_aspnet_MembershipUsers.

What is wrong and how can it be fixed?

Thanks

Regards

John

Actually the method Membership.CreateUser(Username, Password,Email,
passwordQuestion, passwordAnswer, True, status) was failing and user was not
being properly created. I used Membership.CreateUser(Username,
Password,Email) variation as I did not need/use passwordQuestion ,
passwordAnswer etc. and it worked.

Regards