    in ASP.

    Thanks
    netsports

    .Net Sports, Oct 3, 2006

  2. .Net Sports

    SLH Guest

    you can do this very simply.

    take the email address from the signup page
    store it in a field in database called EMAIL_ADDRESS
    generate a unique random number and store it in a field called RANDOM_NUMBER
    send the email with a link back to your site to a page that grabs the email
    address and random number from the query string.
    if they both match, update a field called VALIDATED

    its really not that much at all

    get it started and let me know if you get stuck anywhere

    SLH, Oct 3, 2006

  3. mess around with the free version of this
    www.aspprotect.com

    it does that and you can see how it works

    http://support.cjwsoft.com/code/code_info.asp?TID=, Oct 4, 2006