Membership users not available on production server from development machine

microteq

Hi,

we have developed an application with asp.net 2.0 membership and have
deployed the application using VS 2005. We have backed up our SQL
database, which also contains all the membership information, and
restored it on the productive sever.

Then in our application on the productive server, users have
registered using the asp.net 2.0 membership login controls.

Now when we try to run our application in debug mode on our
development machine using our local sql server, we can access our
local users. If we change the connectionstring in the web.config of
our development machine to point to the db of the productive server,
we do not see any of the registered users.

Also the Web Site Administration Tool shows 0 users.

But on the productive site, there are users and they also can login.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.
Daniel.