Membership users not available on production server from development machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by microteq, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. microteq

    microteq Guest

    Hi,

    we have developed an application with asp.net 2.0 membership and have
    deployed the application using VS 2005. We have backed up our SQL
    database, which also contains all the membership information, and
    restored it on the productive sever.

    Then in our application on the productive server, users have
    registered using the asp.net 2.0 membership login controls.

    Now when we try to run our application in debug mode on our
    development machine using our local sql server, we can access our
    local users. If we change the connectionstring in the web.config of
    our development machine to point to the db of the productive server,
    we do not see any of the registered users.

    Also the Web Site Administration Tool shows 0 users.

    But on the productive site, there are users and they also can login.

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks.
    Daniel.

    microteq, Jul 26, 2007