    Ian Semmel Guest

    Is the MembershipProvider instance unique to a Session ? ie does each
    session have its own copy ?
    Ian Semmel, Nov 21, 2007

  2. no, its a static instance. there is only one per application (appdomain).

    note: membership does not require/use session.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker (sqlwork.com), Nov 21, 2007

  3. Ian Semmel

    Ian Semmel Guest

    But it doesn't appear to be defined as static (in my understanding of the
    subject)

    eg I can code

    public sealed class MySqlMembershipProvider : MembershipProvider
    {
    int intval;

    public int PropertyInt
    {
    set { intval = value; }

    and then

    MySqlMembershipProvider mp = (MySqlMembershipProvider)
    Membership.Provider;

    mp.PropertyThing = 2;

    What do I have in mp? Do I have a session-specific instance of
    MySqlMembership provider or is it a single app-wide instance ?

    Ian Semmel, Nov 22, 2007