memory alignment

sachin_mzn

Hi,

what is concept of memory alignment?
Is memory alignment differ, if a variable is local to a function and if
it is member of structure or union?
How 32 to 64 bit processor affects memory alignment?

Shan

what is concept of memory alignment?
Is memory alignment differ, if a variable is local to a function and if
it is member of structure or union?
How 32 to 64 bit processor affects memory alignment?

Type memory alignment in google and you will get many links to the
topic. However the memory alingnment is totally an implementation
issue and not dictated by the C standard.

infobahn

Hi,

what is concept of memory alignment?
Is memory alignment differ, if a variable is local to a function and if
it is member of structure or union?
How 32 to 64 bit processor affects memory alignment?

That appears to be a duplicate article sent in error. Please refer
to the replies given to your article of 27/12/2004.

infobahn

alex said:
This is an off topic post

Indeed. But the article to which you were responding was, for the most
part, topical. It was only your reply which was off-topic, incorrect,
unhelpful and in fact utterly useless.

Don't let that bother you. Hang on in there. If you reply to every
single article saying it's off-topic, you'll eventually be correct.
Unless your ISP has terminated your news service by then, of course.
They do that, sometimes, when you abuse Usenet (as you are doing).

Verbum sapientis, and all that.

try comp.pc.memory.alignment

There doesn't appear to be any such group. If you would like such
a group to exist, please follow the formal process for creating it.

Keith Thompson

what is concept of memory alignment?
Is memory alignment differ, if a variable is local to a function and if
it is member of structure or union?
How 32 to 64 bit processor affects memory alignment?

You asked this same question a week ago. Was there something wrong
with the numerous replies you got then?

Keith Thompson

Shan said:
I wonder whether there is a comp.pc.memory.alignment

No, there isn't. The poster to whom you're replying is a troll. (I'd
normally complain about omitting the attribution, but I won't in this
case.)

sachin_mzn

I don't know who raised this question again with my mail id ( strange
), I did not see the topic from past one week.
Even I did not not access internet on 1st and 2nd Jan.

-Sachin