memory and CPU resourses problem

VC

We have developed an Windows app using .net 2.0. We have tested it on our
local Windows 2008 server without hyper v, which works fine. On running the
same in our Web server, which is also a windows 2008 server without hyper V,
we noticed in the task bar, that the CPU usage jumps up to 80%+ and it starts
memory occupied in the process windows starts increasing gradually, till the
system hangs. I wonder what could cause it, as the same works well in the
local server.