    to begin........
    Thanx,
    Vasu.

    vasudev, Feb 21, 2005

  2. vasudev wrote:
    > Dear Friends,
    > I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
    > to begin........
    > Thanx,
    > Vasu.

    At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
    Sorry I could not resist :)

    Best regards,
    Chris

    Christian Schneider, Feb 21, 2005

  3. vasudev

    FMF Guest

    Christian Schneider wrote:
    > vasudev wrote:
    >
    >> Dear Friends,
    >> I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
    >> to begin........
    >> Thanx,
    >> Vasu.
    >>

    > At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
    > Sorry I could not resist :)
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Chris

    I would go farther and get a model of the RAM. You will need to verify
    the interface.

    Rick

    FMF, Feb 23, 2005
  4. FMF wrote:

    > I would go farther and get a model of the RAM. You will need to verify
    > the interface.

    Good idea!

    Chris

    Christian Schneider, Feb 23, 2005
  5. vasudev

    jandc Guest

    I would first decide WHICH type of RAM I'm going to use. Quite a
    difference between a SRAM controller and an QDR-RAM controller...

    jandc, Feb 24, 2005