Memory increases for each webservice call

Joey

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem where every web service call
to the server eats up a huge amount of memory. After the
call finishes, the memory seems to be still there and do
not reduce(system does its auto gc). This has an effect on
the client where it gets slower and slower. After
restarting the server, all is well until the memory gets
eaten up again.

However when i do it locally(server+client), it seems to
be ok.

After that I tried to do some houosekeeping like
[object].dispose() and [object] = null. This still does
not help me.

Has anyone hit this problem before? Is it coding problem?
server setting problem? or some bug?

Thanks

Joey

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Joey,
GC is non-deterministic. So you cannot predict what objects will get picked
up and when, but there are some triggers on when the GC kicks off and you
shouldnt have any problems with that. I would revisit the code for any performance
issues. Try running Fxcop [0] and reading this [1] article it might help.

[0] - http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/
[1] - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...xconbestpracticesstrategiesforperformance.asp
HTH
Regards,