    Best Regards,
    Subra
    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. mlimber Guest

    wrote:
    > Can you please refer me the book (or link) which I should refer to for
    > memory layout of a object in c++. How the virtual table is used and
    > other such details i am interested to know.
    > If some one has writen article or paper on internals of c++ it will be
    > of great use for me.

    As the FAQ for this group describes at
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/virtual-functions.html#faq-20.4,
    this sort of thing is mostly compiler-dependent, and the C++ Standard
    leaves layout and such somewhat open so compiler writers can do the
    best thing for their target platforms.

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jul 20, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Can you please refer me the book (or link) which I should refer to for
    > memory layout of a object in c++. How the virtual table is used and
    > other such details i am interested to know.
    > If some one has writen article or paper on internals of c++ it will be
    > of great use for me.

    Stanley Lippman, "Inside the C++ Object Model"

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Marcus Kwok Guest

    wrote:
    > Can you please refer me the book (or link) which I should refer to for
    > memory layout of a object in c++. How the virtual table is used and
    > other such details i am interested to know.
    > If some one has writen article or paper on internals of c++ it will be
    > of great use for me.

    I have not personally read it but "Inside the C++ Object Model" by
    Stanley Lippman is one that I have heard good things about.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201834545/103-0965237-0747837

    --
    Marcus Kwok
    Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply