    TIA,

    Joe
    , Mar 22, 2005

    "" <> wrote:
    > I have an application written in Perl/tk that will write a small file
    > (~128 bytes) to disk. At random intervals, the application is unable to
    > write ti the disk. No error message is given,

    If no error messages are given, then how do you know that the application
    is unable to write to the disk?

    > the write file is
    > executed but the trap 'or die...' is not. The OS is RedHat 7.2.

    It is clear what you mean by this. Show us the code that this sentence
    is supposed to describe.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Mar 23, 2005

    "" <> wrote:
    > I have an application written in Perl/tk that will write a small file
    > (~128 bytes) to disk. At random intervals, the application is unable to
    > write ti the disk. No error message is given,

    If no error messages are given, then how do you know that the application
    is unable to write to the disk?

    > the write file is
    > executed but the trap 'or die...' is not. The OS is RedHat 7.2.

    It is not clear what you mean by this. Show us the code that this sentence
    is supposed to describe.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Mar 23, 2005

    To all who replied,

    Thanks for your advice. It turns out their was a code condition that
    was not being performed properly based on a decision tree I had
    implemented. The crummy thing was it took 3 of us nearly a week to find
    it.

    The offending code has been removed and shelved for the time being,
    pending a design rewwork.

    Joe
    , Mar 28, 2005