    workaround it?

    Thanks,
    Marvin_123456

    Marvin_123456, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Marvin_123456

    jan V Guest

    > I am using javax.xml.xpath.XPath in a servlet to evaluate expressions
    > on a DOM.

    I so wish there was comp.lang.java.web.xml group when I read stuff like
    this...

    > increases the memory consumption of the VM for some MB. This memory is
    > never deallocated. As this occurs with every page reload, sooner or
    > later, Java runs out of memory, only depending on the heap size
    > settings.
    > The same problem occurs using DocumentBuilder.parse().
    > Does anybody know these problems and can give a hint how to solve or
    > workaround it?

    File a bug report for starters... ?

    jan V, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Hi Jan,

    unfortunately, your answer didn't help me in solving this problem.
    However, with regard to your "group-problem": I would recommend that
    you initiate a new group named comp.lang.java.web.xml... Probably it is
    explained somewhere how this works for starters...

    Any constructive solutions are welcome!

    Marvin_123456, Jul 29, 2005
  4. jan V wrote:

    > File a bug report for starters... ?

    But make sure you file it with the right people. You server may not be
    using the default implementation supplied with the JRE. Sun's JRE uses
    an Apache implementation, IIRC, so you might get a better response
    through Apache than Sun.

    Tom Hawtin
    --
    Unemployed English Java programmer
    http://jroller.com/page/tackline/

    Thomas Hawtin, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Marvin_123456

    jan V Guest

    > Any constructive solutions are welcome!

    Filing a bug report was meant to be constructive... having the original
    authors of the bug fix the bug sounds like a quality solution to me (*may*
    be too slow for your schedule, but that's a different issue)

    jan V, Jul 29, 2005