Memory leak?

Dan

I have an asp.net application installed on a windows 2000 server. I
have noticed that the memory usage for aspnet_wp increases by about
5MB per day. The current memory being consumed is around 100 MBytes
while the peak memory usage is 115 MBytes.

Is that memory range normal? How do I go about trouble shooting this?

Thanks,

db

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I would set the app on a test server and hammer it to send the memory usage
up to near limit and see if you have a problem. If you do, then you need to
find out why. If not, it will clear your mind.

To hammer the app, you can use ACT (if you have Visual Studio .NET EA) or a
tool like WAST (web application stress tool) or WCAT. I am not sure where
you download these now, but they are free tools that MS has had available.
There are other third party tools for hammering an application.

You want to get a really heavy load to see what happens when the app gets
close to the memory limit.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA