memory limit

Guest

I need an information.

I've a ASP.NET web application on windows2003r2 server with IIS 6.

In framework 1.0 memory limit for a worker process is 800MB;
in framework 1.1 the limit is 1600MB with /3GB option.

This is Right??

Which is the limit for framework 2.0 and how can i monitor it (which
counter?) ?

TIA,

Marco Sellani.

Juan T. Llibre

In IIS 6.0, you can configure the memory limit to your taste/needs.

See complete instructions for doing that here :

http://www.asp.net/faq/aspnetandiis6.aspx

....in the section titled : "Configuring worker process memory limits".

re:
Which is the limit for framework 2.0

Not a limit, but a good recommendation,
is allocating 60% of the server's physical memory.

Allocating more than 60% could be too restrictive on the OS's RAM needs.