Memory loss in download of large files fixed in .NET 1.1 SP1?

Guest

Article ID 823409 discusses a problem where the downloading of large files
via ASP.NET can cause a large memory loss and results in the recycling of the
ASPNET_WP worker process.

It appears as though this article was posted prior to the release of .NET
1.1 SP1. In fact the hotfix references versions of ASPNET files with dates
back in 2003. The files updated as part of .NET 1.1 SP1 have a July 2004
date on them. However, in article 867460 a list of bugs fixed in SP1 is
presented. This particular bug is not specifically mentioned.

Can Microsoft confirm that the fix referenced in article 823409 is actually
part of .NET 1.1 SP1?

Thanks...
....Pete

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting!

After my searching, the hot fix is not included in .NET Framework SP1. If
you want to get the hot fix, I suggest you contact the Microsoft PSS to get
it.

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

Guest

Yuan,

Thanks for your reply.

Since the files referenced in 823409 have an earlier date on them than the
ones in SP1 I'm concerned that I would loose the other fixes that have been
applied as part of SP1. Do you know if there is a hotfix that resolves the
issue mentioned in 823409, but also includes the fixes in SP1?

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply!

From your description, I think maybe you are confused with the relationship
of the hot fix file. There is no confliction between the hot fix file
(included in 823409) and the .Net Framework SP1 hot fix. No matter whether
the SP1 hot fix is installed, the hot fix file (included in 823409) can be
installed normally. So, if you need the hot fix, please just contact the
Microsoft PSS and you will get it.

In additional, since the hot fix is specific, I don't know there is another
one can fix the same problem which contained in the SP1.

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support