MemoryError - IMAP retrieve self._sock.recv(recv_size)

Stephen G

Hi there. I have been receiving MemoryErrors using the Windows version of Python 2.5. The script I have written times the sending and the reception of emails with various attachments.

I get many exceptions when using the IMAP downloads. This happens randomly; sometimes the file downloads OK, and other times no.

Using an exception and traceback function, I can see the following...

MemoryError
<no args>
File "C:\Documents and Settings\root\Desktop\TMO\Python scripts\imap-v2.3a.py", line 263, in main
typ, data = M.fetch(num, '(RFC822)')

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 437, in fetch
typ, dat = self._simple_command(name, message_set, message_parts)

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 1055, in _simple_command
return self._command_complete(name, self._command(name, *args))

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 885, in _command_complete
typ, data = self._get_tagged_response(tag)

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 986, in _get_tagged_response
self._get_response()

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 948, in _get_response
data = self.read(size)

File "C:\Python25\lib\imaplib.py", line 236, in read
return self.file.read(size)

File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 308, in read
data = self._sock.recv(recv_size)

Is this a know bug or is there something I can do to work around this?

Thanks,

Stephen