    device. What can I do to stop the abuser from such criminal act? Please
    email me at , I would greatly appreciated.

    , Feb 9, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    > years.

    If you have a phsychiatrist then request an earlier appointment. If you
    don't
    then talk to your doctor. I'm not making fun of you this could be quite
    serious.

    <rest of post snipped>

    --
    Nick Keighley

    Nick Keighley, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Jalapeno Guest

    wrote:
    > My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    > years.

    Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    Jalapeno, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Jalapeno wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    > > years.

    > Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    > worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    You should have either refrained from replying (in case you thought the
    OP was a troll), or gave advice for professional help, as Nick did (in
    case you thought there was something more going on).

    I side with Nick on this one -- , please follow
    Nick's advice.

    --
    BR, Vladimir

    Vladimir S. Oka, Feb 10, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    Vladimir S. Oka <> wrote:

    >Jalapeno wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    >> > years.

    >> Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    >> worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    >You should have either refrained from replying (in case you thought the
    >OP was a troll), or gave advice for professional help, as Nick did (in
    >case you thought there was something more going on).
    >
    >I side with Nick on this one -- , please follow
    >Nick's advice.

    Yes, along with most of the so-called "regulars" in this NG.
    Diagnosis already made (see other threads).

    Kenny McCormack, Feb 10, 2006
  6. On 10 Feb 2006 05:49:07 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Jalapeno"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    >> years.

    >Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    >worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    Latest research indicates that tinfoil hats *increase* the signal
    strength ,since they're shaped like a dish antenna. [*]

    Of course, to be *really sure* you'd need to place the detector in the
    centre of your brain...

    [*] its true, I read it last night over in uk.telecom.broadband
    Mark McIntyre
    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Feb 11, 2006
  7. Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    > On 10 Feb 2006 05:49:07 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Jalapeno"
    > <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    >>> years.

    >>Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    >>worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    > Latest research indicates that tinfoil hats *increase* the signal
    > strength ,since they're shaped like a dish antenna. [*]

    Making fun of someone who appears to be mentally ill is in extremely
    poor taste. (Let me emphasize the phrase "appears to be"; I'm not
    qualified to make such a diagnosis.)

    Personally, I'm torn between sympathy for the OP's problems and
    disdain for spammers -- but mocking followups are inappropriate in
    either case.

    Keith Thompson, Feb 11, 2006
  8. Jalapeno Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:
    > On 10 Feb 2006 05:49:07 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Jalapeno"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > wrote:
    > >> My abuser has been using the medical device to harass me the last 4-5
    > >> years.

    > >Put tin foil in your cap. It blocks the signals from the device. It has
    > >worked for me for years. I would not go out without tin foil in my cap.

    > Latest research indicates that tinfoil hats *increase* the signal
    > strength ,since they're shaped like a dish antenna. [*]

    You must be referring to this research:

    http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

    There is a rebuttal:

    http://zapatopi.net/blog/?post=200511112730.afdb_effectiveness

    I don't know if either is true or false. All I know is that I don't go
    out without tin foil in my cap.

    Jalapeno, Feb 11, 2006
  9. <> wrote in message
    > My abuser

    Who?

    > has been using the medical device to harass me

    Which 'medical device'?

    > the last 4-5
    > years.

    Sorry, to hear that.

    > I have no idea what type of a device is being used on me.

    Then how do you know it is a 'medical device'?

    > believe the device is only available to licensed pharmacist(s).

    'licensed pharmacist(s)', usually only deal with drugs, not devices.

    > I am
    > not very familiar with the intend[sic] usage of the device.

    You said you don't know anything about the device. So, you shouldn't have
    any familiarity with it's intended usage.

    > As I understand,
    > the device can be used as a stimulator; 24 hours therapeutic session;
    > ease off a lot of emotion--anger, sadness, fear...ect.; enhance
    > recovery of mental illnesses.

    How do you know this? You already stated you know nothing about what or
    whomever is affecting or effecting you.

    > If abuse is the intention, it can be used
    > to sense what the other person's thinking or as a form of communication
    > through inner voices.

    How can you come to this conclusion given you know nothing about it's use or
    purpose?

    > In my case, the abuser has been using it to
    > insult me in every way he could possible think of.

    What did he say or write or otherwise transmit to you? And, in which
    languages?

    > As I know, a single
    > device is only effective if you are in the same city.

    How do you know this? Do the 'insults' go away when or if you travel to
    other locations? Perhaps, you should move?

    > Mulitple devices
    > can reach billion of people world wide.

    You don't even know if one device is in use yet. How can you project your
    belief onto the entire world?

    > Fear of being evaluate[sic] as
    > mental[sic] ill due to lack of physical evidence.

    What are you saying here? That you suspect mental illness, but have chosen
    to reject it with proof from a professional or someone you trust?

    > I am hoping to find out
    > more about the device, before reporting to the police.

    How can you report a device you know nothing about and are unable to locate?
    Do you think the police will take your complaint seriously?

    > If anyone know
    > what type of a device has been using on me.

    I do not.

    > Who manufacture such a
    > device.

    I do not.

    > What can I do to stop the abuser from such criminal act?

    Without any evidence of any device in use, no criminal act has been
    committed and no abuser exists.

    > Please
    > email me at , I would greatly appreciated.

    No. I will not email you.

    Please seek help from someone you trust.

    Rod Pemberton

    Rod Pemberton, Feb 11, 2006
  10. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:56:43 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Keith Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    >
    >> Latest research indicates that tinfoil hats *increase* the signal
    >> strength ,since they're shaped like a dish antenna. [*]

    >Making fun of someone who appears to be mentally ill is in extremely
    >poor taste.

    I'm not. I'm following up the tinfoil hat suggestion, and pointing out
    that it its a mistake to assume that putting your head at the centre
    of an aerial will reduce radio interference. For all we know, the OP
    didn't see the humour in Jalapeno's post, and was about to follow the
    advice.

    >mocking followups are inappropriate in either case.

    Personally I don't belive the original post was anything other than a
    troll or attempt at a bad joke. Genuinely paranoid people do not post
    a message to millions of readers most of whom surely work for whatever
    agency it is that the paranoiac is worried about. However on the off
    chance that it was real, I really don't think that putting your brain
    at the focal point of a wave intensifier will help.

    Mark McIntyre
    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Malcolm Guest

    "Mark McIntyre" <> wrote
    > Personally I don't belive the original post was anything other than a
    > troll or attempt at a bad joke. Genuinely paranoid people do not post
    > a message to millions of readers most of whom surely work for whatever
    > agency it is that the paranoiac is worried about.

    We just don't know.
    Mental illness can be extremely dangerous. If someone had a problem with
    their heart you wouldn't joke about it, and you certainly wouldn't do
    anything that might worsen the condition.

    Malcolm, Feb 12, 2006
  12. In article <dso861$28j$-infra.bt.com>,
    Malcolm <> wrote:

    >"Mark McIntyre" <> wrote
    >> Personally I don't belive the original post was anything other than a
    >> troll or attempt at a bad joke. Genuinely paranoid people do not post
    >> a message to millions of readers most of whom surely work for whatever
    >> agency it is that the paranoiac is worried about.
    >>

    >We just don't know.

    Yup, just like everything else that is off topic here. We don't know
    anything about it - whether it be mental illnes or union SREGS.

    Kenny McCormack, Feb 12, 2006
  13. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:09:22 +0000 (UTC), in comp.lang.c , "Malcolm"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mark McIntyre" <> wrote
    >> Personally I don't belive the original post was anything other than a
    >> troll or attempt at a bad joke. Genuinely paranoid people do not post
    >> a message to millions of readers most of whom surely work for whatever
    >> agency it is that the paranoiac is worried about.
    >>

    >We just don't know.

    We can however take a pretty fair guess. Seriously, do you think a
    paranoiac would post an open message to millions of people?

    >Mental illness can be extremely dangerous.

    I have family experience with it, and it can be, though generally its
    not. Its a big mistake to equate mental illness with dangerous
    behaviour. It often leads to prejudice.

    >If someone had a problem with
    >their heart you wouldn't joke about it, and you certainly wouldn't do
    >anything that might worsen the condition.

    Which was pretty much entirely my point.

    Mark McIntyre
    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Feb 13, 2006

    Dik T. Winter, Feb 13, 2006
  15. In article <> Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:09:22 +0000 (UTC), in comp.lang.c , "Malcolm"
    > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >"Mark McIntyre" <> wrote
    > >> Personally I don't belive the original post was anything other than a
    > >> troll or attempt at a bad joke. Genuinely paranoid people do not post
    > >> a message to millions of readers most of whom surely work for whatever
    > >> agency it is that the paranoiac is worried about.
    > >>

    > >We just don't know.

    > We can however take a pretty fair guess. Seriously, do you think a
    > paranoiac would post an open message to millions of people?

    And, moreover, the same message to 44 newsgroups, unrelated to each other?

    Dik T. Winter, Feb 13, 2006
  16. CBFalconer Guest

    "Dik T. Winter" wrote:
    > Mark McIntyre <> writes:

    .... snip ...

    >> We can however take a pretty fair guess. Seriously, do you think
    >> a paranoiac would post an open message to millions of people?

    > And, moreover, the same message to 44 newsgroups, unrelated to
    > each other?

    Just for curiosity, how did you arrive at that figure?

    --
    "The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
    formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
    whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

    CBFalconer, Feb 13, 2006