Menu bar causes horizontal scroll

SlowRyde

http://daytona2005.fljaycees.org

Can anyone tell me why the menu causes a horizontal scroll bar? (IE,
Mozilla and Opera) Here is the relevant CSS:

=====
body {background-color:white;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
color:navy;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;}

#navcontainer ul{padding:5px;
margin:0;
list-style-type:none;
background-color:indigo;
width:100%;
font:eek:blique 110% arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
text-align:center;}

li {display:inline;}

li a {text-decoration:none;
background-color:#7733ff;
color:white;
padding: .1em .3em;}

li a:hover{background-color:indigo;
color:white;}
=====

The list items (and links) are in a side include, but the results are
the same when included in the page(s)

Thanks for any insights :)

SlowRyde

Nico said:
Replace:
#navcontainer ul{padding:5px;
with
#navcontainer ul{padding-top:5px; padding-bottom: 5px;

Nico

That fixed it in IE, but not Mozilla (made it worse actually) Thanks

SlowRyde

Nico said:
Add padding:0; to #navcontainer ul{}
Nico
Well, that killed the scroll bar, but it also killed the desired effect
(the LIs padded inside the indigo bar.) But now I'm seeing something
that I might just like even better once I play with it a little.

Thanks again,
Robert