Menu Control Hover and Active Link

paulmac106

Hi,

I have a menu control that has two Menu choices

One is "View History Items"

the second is "PDA"

My problem is as you roll the mouse over the menu options, the second
one works only if your mouse is actually over the text "PDA". Since it
is much narrower than the first item, the entire width lights up like
an active link, but the link won't work unless your exactly over the
area that has actual text. So it appears to the user who clicks too far
to the right that nothing is happening (which it isn't)

Any ideas?

Evertjan.

wrote on 10 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have a menu control that has two Menu choices

One is "View History Items"

the second is "PDA"

My problem is as you roll the mouse over the menu options, the second
one works only if your mouse is actually over the text "PDA". Since it
is much narrower than the first item, the entire width lights up like
an active link, but the link won't work unless your exactly over the
area that has actual text. So it appears to the user who clicks too far
to the right that nothing is happening (which it isn't)

And you want to do this with serverside ASP code?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Try asking in an dhtml group or javascript group. ASP can't control this
kind of thing.

Ray at work