Menu Control Not Working IN IE6

MikeB

Help! I have menu control that works in IE7 and Firefox however doesn't
work in IE6 Has anyone ran into this problem? Basically it will not render
any of the childs and then when you mouse over the static menu items, they
disappear. Below is my code:

MySite.ProductCategoryService menuservice =
newMySite.ProductCategoryService();
MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
category;
category =
menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(0, Constants.CompanyID,
(int)Constants.Status.Active);
category.Sort("CategoryDescription ASC");

category =
menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(0, Constants.CompanyID,
(int)Constants.Status.Active);

foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory cat1 in category)
{
MenuItem mnuMain = new MenuItem();
mnuMain.Text = cat1.CategoryDescription;
mnuMain.Value = cat1.Id.ToString();

MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
categorylevel2 = menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(cat1.Id,
Constants.CompanyID, (int)Constants.Status.Active);
categorylevel2.Sort("CategoryDescription ASC");
foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory cat2 in
categorylevel2)
{
MenuItem mnuCat2 = new MenuItem();
mnuCat2.Text = cat2.CategoryDescription;
mnuCat2.Value = cat2.Id.ToString();

MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
categorylevel3 = menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(cat2.Id,
Constants.CompanyID, (int)Constants.Status.Active);
categorylevel3.Sort("CategoryDescription ASC");
foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory cat3 in
categorylevel3)
{
MenuItem mnuCat3 = new MenuItem();
mnuCat3.Text = cat3.CategoryDescription;
mnuCat3.Value = cat3.Id.ToString();

MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
categorylevel4 = menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(cat3.Id,
Constants.CompanyID, (int)Constants.Status.Active);
categorylevel4.Sort("CategoryDescription ASC");
foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory cat4 in
categorylevel4)
{
MenuItem mnuCat4 = new MenuItem();
mnuCat4.Text = cat4.CategoryDescription;
mnuCat4.Value = cat4.Id.ToString();

MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
categorylevel5 = menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(cat4.Id,
Constants.CompanyID, (int)Constants.Status.Active);
categorylevel5.Sort("CategoryDescription
ASC");
foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory
cat5 in categorylevel5)
{
MenuItem mnuCat5 = new MenuItem();
mnuCat5.Text = cat5.CategoryDescription;
mnuCat5.Value = cat5.Id.ToString();

MySite.Entities.TList<MySite.Entities.ProductCategory>
categorylevel6 = menuservice.GetByParentCategoryIDCompanyidStatus(cat5.Id,
Constants.CompanyID, (int)Constants.Status.Active);
categorylevel6.Sort("CategoryDescription
ASC");
foreach (MySite.Entities.ProductCategory
cat6 in categorylevel6)
{
MenuItem mnuCat6 = new MenuItem();
mnuCat6.Text =
cat6.CategoryDescription;
mnuCat6.Value = cat6.Id.ToString();
mnuCat5.ChildItems.Add(mnuCat6);
}

mnuCat4.ChildItems.Add(mnuCat5);
}

mnuCat3.ChildItems.Add(mnuCat4);
}

mnuCat2.ChildItems.Add(mnuCat3);
}

mnuMain.ChildItems.Add(mnuCat2);
}

Menu1.Items.Add(mnuMain);

MikeB

No, no errors. It works perfect in IE7 and firefox. When it is displayed in
IE6, when it is first loaded in IE6 all of the menu items are displayed in
(even the sub menus) and then when you mouse over it, everything goes blank
and you can not even see the root.

Mike

Interesting, I had an issue were my menu could be seen in IE6 but not IE7
and it was something with the way the HTML was rendering and something about
the DocType, (xhtml), I forget exactly what it was but I messed around with
that and it got it working,

that was a few years back and I can't remember what it was that fixed it,
though now I think about it and read your posting again, I remember the
issue.It drove me nuts for days