Menu Control used on a MasterPage

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Matt, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hello,

    I am using an ASP Menu Control as a user control (.ascx file) on a
    Master Page. I am having problems with the drop down menus rendering
    properly in IE 7.

    I found multiple articles describing this problem and how to fix it
    (http://weblogs.asp.net/dannychen/archive/2005/12/16/433332.aspx) but
    it does not entirely apply to me.

    The problem lies in migrating from VS2003 to VS2005 (which did NOT
    happen for this website) and an unneeded line in the Web.Config file
    (which i do not have, therefore i cannot delete)

    I tried the alternate method described in the article (adding an ID to
    the master page) which does not work.

    The menu user control works properly on a normal page with no master
    page.

    This is driving me insane and any help would be appreciated!!!!

    Thanks!
    Matt
    Matt, Oct 24, 2007

  2. Matt

    Phil H Guest

    Hi Matt

    I'm developing a web site at the moment where, like you, I have a Web
    User Control containing a Menu Control which is attached to a Master
    page. As it happens I am not having any problems with it.

    I'd like to help but could you be more specific about the nature of
    problem? In what way does it not render properly?

    Also are you using themes? (they can wreak havoc if not set up
    properly and could well cause objects to be invisible).

    Phil H

    Phil H, Oct 25, 2007