Menu expand

Mike Johnson

HI,

When clicking on a menu, I want it to expand.

Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?

TIA

MJ

Mike Johnson

Well, I have. I just didn't find one I liked.

But I suppose I should just keep on trying.

Thankz.

MJ

__/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 12:47 \__
HI,

When clicking on a menu, I want it to expand.

Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?

TIA

MJ

Have you searched the Internet at all? There are literally hundreds or
thousands of examples. Here is one:

http://www.google.com/search?&num=50&q=javascript+menu

Hope it helps,

Roy

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 13:34 \__
__/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 12:47 \__
HI,

When clicking on a menu, I want it to expand.

Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?

TIA

MJ

Have you searched the Internet at all? There are literally hundreds or
thousands of examples. Here is one:

http://www.google.com/search?&num=50&q=javascript+menu

Well, I have. I just didn't find one I liked.

But I suppose I should just keep on trying.

If you describe what you need, I can probably point you to an example. There
are some nice animated menus and I often recall where I see what... *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Pure-CSS solutions are always better. By default, all new sites that I
visit cannot have scripts run, which makes the menus
dysfunctional/inexistent. Search engines (crawlers) and other
deviced/browser will face the same issues.

Mike Johnson

I'm looking for a menu in plane text (perharps with a '+' sign in
front of it to indicate the sub menus). When one clicks on the '+'
sign or the menu text itself, it should expand (animated if possible).
The same goes when collapsing the menu. Also if one expands another
menu it should collaps the old one.

TIA

MJ

[...]

dorayme

Mike Johnson said:
I'm looking for a menu in plane text (perharps with a '+' sign in
front of it to indicate the sub menus). When one clicks on the '+'
sign or the menu text itself, it should expand (animated if possible).
The same goes when collapsing the menu. Also if one expands another
menu it should collaps the old one.

You could look at
http://www.javabase.co.uk/TreeMenu/TreeMenu.html

There was one from here that was very pretty and graceful, it
opened the expansions by "growing" them rather than "magic
appearance". But applet! And not as sure a thing for all browsers
and people. Best to only use these as alternative to simple
navigation.