    Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?

    TIA

    MJ
    Mike Johnson, May 11, 2006

  2. __/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 12:47 \__

    > HI,
    >
    > When clicking on a menu, I want it to expand.
    >
    > Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > MJ

    Have you searched the Internet at all? There are literally hundreds or
    thousands of examples. Here is one:

    http://www.google.com/search?&num=50&q=javascript menu

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, May 11, 2006

  3. Mike Johnson

    Mike Johnson Guest

    Well, I have. I just didn't find one I liked.

    But I suppose I should just keep on trying.

    Thankz.

    MJ

    Mike Johnson, May 14, 2006
  4. __/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 13:34 \__

    > On Thu, 11 May 2006 14:24:49 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>__/ [ Mike Johnson ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 12:47 \__
    >>
    >>> HI,
    >>>
    >>> When clicking on a menu, I want it to expand.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have eg. a java script that can expand a menu ?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> MJ

    >>Have you searched the Internet at all? There are literally hundreds or
    >>thousands of examples. Here is one:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?&num=50&q=javascript menu

    > Well, I have. I just didn't find one I liked.
    >
    > But I suppose I should just keep on trying.

    If you describe what you need, I can probably point you to an example. There
    are some nice animated menus and I often recall where I see what... *smile*

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    PS - Pure-CSS solutions are always better. By default, all new sites that I
    visit cannot have scripts run, which makes the menus
    dysfunctional/inexistent. Search engines (crawlers) and other
    deviced/browser will face the same issues.

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
    http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, May 15, 2006
  5. Mike Johnson

    Mike Johnson Guest

    I'm looking for a menu in plane text (perharps with a '+' sign in
    front of it to indicate the sub menus). When one clicks on the '+'
    sign or the menu text itself, it should expand (animated if possible).
    The same goes when collapsing the menu. Also if one expands another
    menu it should collaps the old one.

    TIA

    MJ

    Mike Johnson, May 23, 2006
  6. Mike Johnson

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Johnson <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a menu in plane text (perharps with a '+' sign in
    > front of it to indicate the sub menus). When one clicks on the '+'
    > sign or the menu text itself, it should expand (animated if possible).
    > The same goes when collapsing the menu. Also if one expands another
    > menu it should collaps the old one.

    You could look at
    http://www.javabase.co.uk/TreeMenu/TreeMenu.html

    There was one from here that was very pretty and graceful, it
    opened the expansions by "growing" them rather than "magic
    appearance". But applet! And not as sure a thing for all browsers
    and people. Best to only use these as alternative to simple
    navigation.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 24, 2006