Menu Loading Please Wait.....

Naomi

hello

Could anyone please tell me if there is any way i can have the text "Menu
after it loads ?

hoping to hear some advice on the matter

Cheers Naomi

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi Naomi,
hello

Could anyone please tell me if there is any way i can have the text "Menu
after it loads ?

hoping to hear some advice on the matter

Cheers Naomi

There is no such thing as "The js menu". Maybe you found one out of many
many menus on the web which are implemented in JavaScript. In this case,
you should ask the programmer of this menu how to implement the desired
change.

If you cannot contact him, and need assistance from the NG, you should
post more information about your problem, because it is impossible for
us to guess how this particular menu is inmplemented.

HTH,

Laurent

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,
sorry that is just me shortening things
what i mean is

Could anyone please tell me if there is any way i can have the text "Menu
my javascript menu is loading in a persons browser and then disappear when
the menu is ready for use?

hoping to hear some advice on the matter

Cheers Naomi

It all depends how your menu is implemented.

If you use Images, you can use the onload event handler of the Image
object to be notified when all the images are ready for use.

If you use JavaScript code, you can place a call to a function after
your whole code is loaded, so that you're notified that the browser
finished parsing your code.

What did you use for your menu?

Laurent

Naomi

I used the HVMenu from this place

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

but have modified the code for the site, what i was hoping for was to have a
little note saying

Menu Loading ... while the menu loads ...

i have noticed the site that actually wrote the script has this but it seems
they just have text on the page that becomes hidden by an opaque menu when
its loaded ...

i removed the borders and background colours from the first line in my menu,
so it appears transparanent to let the background image of the web page show
thru, so i cant just slap text there like the authors have.

i was hoping it would be simple like adding the message in this thing
somewhere

function BeforeStart(){return}
function AfterBuild(){return}
function BeforeFirstOpen(){return}
function AfterCloseAll(){return}

i am a beginner so am not sure what i need to do to achieve this

hope i am not frustrating you too much laurent and thank you for taking as
much time as you have so far to help me :eek:)

: What did you use for your menu?
:
: Laurent
: --