Menu on User Control

Chris Davoli

I put a menu on a user control (ascx) so that I can put the user control on
all web pages (aspx) and have one central location ie; the header user
control in this case, but it has problems.

1.) It can't find the stylesheet even though the style sheet is on the web
page.
2.) After the first submit of the page, if you mouse over the top level menu
item, they don't collapse when you go from top level menu item to top level
menu item. All menu items just gets frozen in the down position.

I've tried putting a panel around the menu, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Phil H

I put a menu on a user control (ascx) so that I can put the user control on
all web pages (aspx) and have one central location ie; the header user
control in this case, but it has problems.

1.) It can't find the stylesheet even though the style sheet is on the web
page.
2.) After the first submit of the page, if you mouse over the top level menu
item, they don't collapse when you go from top level menu item to top level
menu item. All menu items just gets frozen in the down position.

I've tried putting a panel around the menu, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Hi Chris

If you are working with ASP.NET v 2 I'd recommend the use of a Master
page to contain the menu control rather than a web user control.

HTH
Phil Hall

Chris Davoli

I'm not able to use master pages because I couldn't get the menu control to
work on a master page. Any other ideas?