    Can somebody let me know if this is possible with Javascript and what I
    would have to do?

    THANKS!!!
    Posting2002, May 23, 2004

  2. Posting2002

    kaeli Guest

    In article <1D3sc.2714$>, posting2002
    @sympatico.ca enlightened us with...

    > What I'm trying to do is now link various parts of the sub-menu to various
    > page links or actions.
    >
    > Can somebody let me know if this is possible with Javascript and what I
    > would have to do?

    Menus are very possible, but difficult to get cross browser. Why
    reinvent the wheel? Use a free one.

    http://www.dynamicdrive.com

    ~kaeli~
    With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, May 24, 2004

  3. Posting2002

    Posting2002 Guest

    THanks!!! What if I want to use a subset of images such as what you see in
    that link? It would not be possible with DHTML, would it?

    THanks!!!

    Posting2002, May 24, 2004
  4. Posting2002

    kaeli Guest

    In article <9yosc.11239$>, posting2002
    @sympatico.ca enlightened us with...
    > THanks!!! What if I want to use a subset of images such as what you see in
    > that link? It would not be possible with DHTML, would it?
    >
    > THanks!!!

    Sure. Use HVMenu from that site. They allow images instead of text (as
    rollovers).

    ~kaeli~
    Can you be a closet claustrophobic?
    kaeli, May 24, 2004
  5. Posting2002

    Posting2002 Guest

    "kaeli" <> wrote in message
    > In article <9yosc.11239$>, posting2002
    > @sympatico.ca enlightened us with...
    > > THanks!!! What if I want to use a subset of images such as what you see

    in
    > > that link? It would not be possible with DHTML, would it?
    > >
    > > THanks!!!

    > Sure. Use HVMenu from that site. They allow images instead of text (as
    > rollovers).

    Thanks!!! Only one more issue remains!!!

    The second row of menu (the sub-menu) is only arranged vertically in the
    HVMenu, is this correct? I do not see any options for arranging the menu
    horizontally or vertically other than for the FIRST level of the menu.

    Thanks a lot for the help!!!
    Posting2002, May 24, 2004
  6. Posting2002

    kaeli Guest

    In article <q8qsc.16280$>, posting2002
    @sympatico.ca enlightened us with...
    > Thanks!!! Only one more issue remains!!!
    >
    > The second row of menu (the sub-menu) is only arranged vertically in the
    > HVMenu, is this correct? I do not see any options for arranging the menu
    > horizontally or vertically other than for the FIRST level of the menu.

    Horizontal or vertical is for the whole menu.

    If you choose horizontal, the menu goes at the top with submenus
    underneath, like so.

    menu menu menu
    sub sub sub
    sub2 sub2 sub2

    If you choose vertical, it goes on the side with submenus to the right.
    menu sub1
    sub2

    menu sub1
    sub2

    ~kaeli~
    Murphy's Law #2030: If at first you don't succeed, destroy
    all evidence that you tried.
    kaeli, May 24, 2004
  7. Posting2002

    Posting2002 Guest

    How would I do it if I want:

    menu menu1 menu2 menu3
    sub sub2 sub3 sub4 sub5

    where sub, sub2, sub3 and so on correspond to menu, and if I went over to
    menu1, this would look:

    menu menu1 menu2 menu3
    sub6 sub7 sub8 sub9 sub10

    and so on...so the submenu changes depending on the menu item.

    Thanks!!!

    Posting2002, May 24, 2004
  8. Posting2002

    kaeli Guest

    In article <D9rsc.16937$>, posting2002
    @sympatico.ca enlightened us with...
    > How would I do it if I want:
    >
    > menu menu1 menu2 menu3
    > sub sub2 sub3 sub4 sub5
    >
    > where sub, sub2, sub3 and so on correspond to menu, and if I went over to
    > menu1, this would look:
    >
    > menu menu1 menu2 menu3
    > sub6 sub7 sub8 sub9 sub10
    >
    > and so on...so the submenu changes depending on the menu item.

    Um, that's how it works already, unless I misunderstand what you're
    saying. That's horizontal.
    Modify the variable file that comes with.

    ~kaeli~
    Support your local medical examiner: die strangely!
    kaeli, May 24, 2004
  9. Posting2002

    ivette Guest

    hello,

    You may achieve this effect with allwebmenus 3.1 PRO.
    It is a program that uses javascript to create horizontal or vertical
    menus. You may have text, images or both.

    what i like about it is that works in many browsers, for MAC and PC
    platform.

    examples at http://www.likno.com/examples.html

    ivette, Jun 2, 2004