Menu/submenu

Posting2002

Hi, I am trying to create the following:

http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~dbusuioc/site/menu_submenu.htm

So far it's in Javascript and when you're going over the top buttons in the
menu, it creates a different sub-menu for each of them. This sub-menu is
just a single image the way I've created it....

What I'm trying to do is now link various parts of the sub-menu to various
page links or actions.

Can somebody let me know if this is possible with Javascript and what I
would have to do?

THANKS!!!

kaeli

posting2002 said:
What I'm trying to do is now link various parts of the sub-menu to various
page links or actions.

Can somebody let me know if this is possible with Javascript and what I
would have to do?

Menus are very possible, but difficult to get cross browser. Why
reinvent the wheel? Use a free one.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com

Posting2002

THanks!!! What if I want to use a subset of images such as what you see in
that link? It would not be possible with DHTML, would it?

THanks!!!

kaeli

posting2002 said:
THanks!!! What if I want to use a subset of images such as what you see in
that link? It would not be possible with DHTML, would it?

THanks!!!

Sure. Use HVMenu from that site. They allow images instead of text (as
rollovers).

Posting2002

kaeli said:
Sure. Use HVMenu from that site. They allow images instead of text (as
rollovers).

Thanks!!! Only one more issue remains!!!

The second row of menu (the sub-menu) is only arranged vertically in the
HVMenu, is this correct? I do not see any options for arranging the menu
horizontally or vertically other than for the FIRST level of the menu.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

kaeli

posting2002 said:
Thanks!!! Only one more issue remains!!!

The second row of menu (the sub-menu) is only arranged vertically in the
HVMenu, is this correct? I do not see any options for arranging the menu
horizontally or vertically other than for the FIRST level of the menu.

Horizontal or vertical is for the whole menu.

If you choose horizontal, the menu goes at the top with submenus
underneath, like so.

menu menu menu
sub sub sub
sub2 sub2 sub2

If you choose vertical, it goes on the side with submenus to the right.
menu sub1
sub2

menu sub1
sub2

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #2030: If at first you don't succeed, destroy
all evidence that you tried.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Posting2002

How would I do it if I want:

menu menu1 menu2 menu3
sub sub2 sub3 sub4 sub5

where sub, sub2, sub3 and so on correspond to menu, and if I went over to
menu1, this would look:

menu menu1 menu2 menu3
sub6 sub7 sub8 sub9 sub10

and so on...so the submenu changes depending on the menu item.

Thanks!!!

kaeli

posting2002 said:
How would I do it if I want:

menu menu1 menu2 menu3
sub sub2 sub3 sub4 sub5

where sub, sub2, sub3 and so on correspond to menu, and if I went over to
menu1, this would look:

menu menu1 menu2 menu3
sub6 sub7 sub8 sub9 sub10

and so on...so the submenu changes depending on the menu item.

Um, that's how it works already, unless I misunderstand what you're
saying. That's horizontal.
Modify the variable file that comes with.

ivette

hello,

You may achieve this effect with allwebmenus 3.1 PRO.
It is a program that uses javascript to create horizontal or vertical
menus. You may have text, images or both.

what i like about it is that works in many browsers, for MAC and PC
platform.

examples at http://www.likno.com/examples.html