Merging of web applications creates a problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Naresh Narwani, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Problem Summary:
    Merging two different web applications into one create a problem for User
    Controls.

    Reason for merging two different Web Application:
    To share non serializable object information between the Web applications.

    Problem Statement:
    Suppose I have two different web applications WebApp1 and WebApp2, both of
    them have the
    same directory structure like
    WebApp1
    bin
    WebApp1.dll
    Forms
    Form1.aspx
    Form2.aspx
    UserControls
    UserControl1.ascx

    WebApp2
    bin
    WebApp2.dll
    Forms
    Form3.aspx
    Form4.aspx
    UserControls
    UserControl1.ascx

    Form1.aspx and Form2.aspx uses the user Control UserControl1.ascx and
    Form3.aspx and Form4.aspx also uses the user Control UserControl1.ascx

    now if I compile and run both the application seperately both applications
    works fine.

    But If I create one web application as WebApp and copy the folders and dll
    in the respective folders as

    WebApp
    bin
    WebApp1.dll
    WebApp2.dll
    Forms
    Form1.aspx
    Form2.aspx
    Form3.aspx
    Form4.aspx
    UserControls
    UserControl1.ascx

    and if I request any of the .aspx web form (ex.
    http://localhost/WebApp/Form1.aspx) then following is the error
    "Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'UserControl1', but
    its type (WebApp.UserControl1) is not compatible with the type of control
    (ASP.UserControl1_ascx)."
    Naresh Narwani, Jun 25, 2004