Merging two colors

simon

Hi All,

Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one colour down to
another?

I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss wants the
merged look.

Can it be done?

Many thanks

Simon

rf

Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one colour down to
another?

I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss wants the
merged look.

Can it be done?

No.

Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile it.

simon

simon said:
No.

Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile it.

But how would I get the fading effect from one colour to another using one
pixel?

Simon

Fat Sam

simon said:
But how would I get the fading effect from one colour to another
using one pixel?

Simon

Well, say the area you want the blend to cover was 500 pixels wide by 300
pixels tall, and you wanted the colour to blend from blue at the top to red
at the bottom......You'd make an image 1 pixel wide, by 300 pixels tall with
a colour blend running from blue at the top to red at the bottom.....Then
you'd either insert this image as a background, which will tile it to cover
the entire area.....Or you could display it as an image, and use the browser
to resize it to 500 pixels in width......

Having said this, I'm sure there's a CSS solution that will do this without
the need for any images at all.....I've seen it somewhere, but haven't got a
clue where or how to do it......

rf

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
You want blood, Well here's blood in your eye. :)
http://usenet.wipkip.biz/lake/

WARNING not for rf!

Simply not good enough Mr D!

You are way outside the frequency range (5Hz to 30Hz) that induces epilepsy.
Like the lake though :)

http://www.epilepsynse.org.uk/pages/info/leaflets/photo.cfm#lights

Besides with all that flashing you lose the three-D effect that occurs when
wearing glasses.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/temp/red.html

Using my eyes the red is about half an inch in front of the blue. You may
be different. The red may even be behind the blue.

Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)

Don't have to move my head. My blood pressure is so low I always feel a bit
dizzy.

Oli Filth

rf said:
Besides with all that flashing you lose the three-D effect that occurs when
wearing glasses.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/temp/red.html

Using my eyes the red is about half an inch in front of the blue. You may
be different. The red may even be behind the blue.

Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)
Yes, isn't the chromatic aberration in high-power glasses great! It
means you can never really tell if two things with different
monochromatic frequencies are in the same place or in line or whatever.
Which can get annoying.