    Can it be done?

    Many thanks

    Simon

    simon, Feb 11, 2005

  2. simon

    rf Guest

    "simon" <> wrote

    > Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one colour down

    > another?
    >
    > I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss wants

    the
    > merged look.
    >
    > Can it be done?

    No.

    Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile it.

    rf, Feb 11, 2005

  3. simon

    simon Guest

    > "simon" <> wrote
    >

    >> Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one colour down

    >> another?
    >>
    >> I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss wants

    > the
    >> merged look.
    >>
    >> Can it be done?

    > No.
    >
    > Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile it.

    But how would I get the fading effect from one colour to another using one
    pixel?

    Simon

    simon, Feb 11, 2005
  4. simon

    Fat Sam Guest

    simon wrote:
    >> "simon" <> wrote
    >>

    >>> Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one
    >>> colour down to another?
    >>>
    >>> I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss
    >>> wants the merged look.
    >>>
    >>> Can it be done?

    >> No.
    >>
    >> Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile
    >> it.
    >>

    > But how would I get the fading effect from one colour to another
    > using one pixel?
    >
    > Simon

    Well, say the area you want the blend to cover was 500 pixels wide by 300
    pixels tall, and you wanted the colour to blend from blue at the top to red
    at the bottom......You'd make an image 1 pixel wide, by 300 pixels tall with
    a colour blend running from blue at the top to red at the bottom.....Then
    you'd either insert this image as a background, which will tile it to cover
    the entire area.....Or you could display it as an image, and use the browser
    to resize it to 500 pixels in width......

    Having said this, I'm sure there's a CSS solution that will do this without
    the need for any images at all.....I've seen it somewhere, but haven't got a
    clue where or how to do it......

    --
    Sam.
    www.fixaphoto.co.uk

    Fat Sam, Feb 11, 2005
  5. simon

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "simon" <> wrote:
    > rf wrote:
    >> "simon" <> wrote
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to have a background colour that goes from one colour down
    >>> to another?
    >>>
    >>> I don't want to use an image as it will be far too big but my boss wants
    >>> the merged look.
    >>>

    >> Can it be done?
    >>
    >> No.
    >>
    >> Use an image, it wont be big. Make it a 1 pixel wide image and tile it.

    >But how would I get the fading effect from one colour to another using one
    >pixel?

    1 pixel wide. Many pixels long.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 11, 2005
  6. simon

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Fat Sam wrote:

    > Having said this, I'm sure there's a CSS solution that will do this without
    > the need for any images at all....

    There isn't.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Fat Sam wrote:
    > Well, say the area you want the blend to cover was 500 pixels wide by 300
    > pixels tall

    What if the area contains text?

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 11, 2005
  8. simon

    Els Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Fat Sam wrote:
    >> Well, say the area you want the blend to cover was 500
    >> pixels wide by 300 pixels tall

    > What if the area contains text?

    Then you should make sure the text is neither blue nor red :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Feb 11, 2005
  9. simon

    rf Guest

    "Els" <> wrote
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >
    > > Fat Sam wrote:
    > >> Well, say the area you want the blend to cover was 500
    > >> pixels wide by 300 pixels tall

    > > What if the area contains text?

    > Then you should make sure the text is neither blue nor red :)

    Nor anything inbetween :)

    rf, Feb 11, 2005
  10. simon

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote

    >> > What if the area contains text?

    >> Then you should make sure the text is neither blue nor red
    >> :)

    > Nor anything inbetween :)

    Yellow seems the best alternative :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Feb 11, 2005
  11. simon

    rf Guest

    "Els" <> wrote
    > rf wrote:

    > >> Then you should make sure the text is neither blue nor red
    > >> :)

    > > Nor anything inbetween :)

    > Yellow seems the best alternative :)

    My eyes are starting to bleed just thinking about it :-(

    rf, Feb 11, 2005
  12. simon

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:

    > "Els" <> wrote
    >> rf wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Els" <> wrote

    >> > Nor anything inbetween :)

    >> Yellow seems the best alternative :)

    > My eyes are starting to bleed just thinking about it :-(

    You want blood, Well here's blood in your eye. :)
    http://usenet.wipkip.biz/lake/

    WARNING not for rf!

    Duende, Feb 12, 2005
  13. simon

    rf Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote
    > While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:

    > > My eyes are starting to bleed just thinking about it :-(

    > You want blood, Well here's blood in your eye. :)
    > http://usenet.wipkip.biz/lake/
    >
    > WARNING not for rf!

    Simply not good enough Mr D!

    You are way outside the frequency range (5Hz to 30Hz) that induces epilepsy.
    Like the lake though :)

    http://www.epilepsynse.org.uk/pages/info/leaflets/photo.cfm#lights

    Besides with all that flashing you lose the three-D effect that occurs when
    wearing glasses.

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/temp/red.html

    Using my eyes the red is about half an inch in front of the blue. You may
    be different. The red may even be behind the blue.

    Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 12, 2005
  14. simon

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:

    > Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)

    Don't have to move my head. My blood pressure is so low I always feel a bit
    dizzy.

    Duende, Feb 12, 2005
  15. simon

    Oli Filth Guest

    rf wrote:
    > Besides with all that flashing you lose the three-D effect that occurs when
    > wearing glasses.
    >
    > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/temp/red.html
    >
    > Using my eyes the red is about half an inch in front of the blue. You may
    > be different. The red may even be behind the blue.
    >
    > Move your head around a bit too, things should slide about :)

    Yes, isn't the chromatic aberration in high-power glasses great! It
    means you can never really tell if two things with different
    monochromatic frequencies are in the same place or in line or whatever.
    Which can get annoying.

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Feb 12, 2005