</Message> appearing at the end when buffering off (IIS6)

MiLoS

I have an issue where I am sending back xml content using ASP.
When I flush the buffer or turn the buffering off their seems to be a end
tag that gets appended to the end of this response.
There is no begin tag to match. In the trace I can simply see this tag
added:
3C 2F 4D 65 73 73 61 67 65 3E </Message>

Is this a setting somewhere in IIS or is this as designed ??
I have not been able to find a lot on this issue as you can imagine how
difficult it is to search the web for the word 'message' :)

TIA

MiLoS

Thanx Carol,
I did search that string in Google with no results. Unfortunately no one
replied to either of these issues for these groups either.

Thanx again.