Message received was unexpected or badly formatted

SleepingRabbit

Hi All,

I am new to the web service consuming.

I need to access a web service (sitting on the service provider's server)
using WSE. Since the provider have recommended WSE1.0 SP1, we are using the
same, with development in C#..

The digital certificate provided was in .PFX and I installed the same on the
computer. I can now see it under the personal folder of my settings.

Now, when I try to call the functions using C# console based application I
get the following error -
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel
for SSL/TLS. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message received
was unexpected or badly formatted"

Based on the various forums I have done the following -
1. Keep Alive
2. Implemented the ICertificatePolicy policy to override the
CheckValidationResult().
3. Checked the URL using IE, I do not get any error reported on the same.

Grateful, if somebody can help me out in helping me to understand where the
problem is coming from... and how to overcome the same...

Thanks in advance.
Regards.