Message Trace with WSE2 NOT working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Patrick, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    How could I get Diagnostic Tracing (Input/Output message trace, Send/Receive
    Policy) working with the following environment:
    - WSE2.0
    - .NET Framework 1.1
    - WinXP Pro SP1
    - IIS5.1

    I have
    - made ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, IUSR_MachineName accounts member of
    Administrators groups
    - given all users Modify permissions recursively to
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice
    - given all users Modify permission to c:\windows\Microsoft.NET
    - WSE Settings for Web Service project ticked all diagnostic tick boxes
    - ASP.NET debugging enabled set in Web.config

    (When the web service is running, FileMonitor from sysinternals at
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml does NOT report
    anything suspicious)

    Patrick, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Hello Patrick,
    Try creating a folder c:\myfolder and try writing the trace to that location.
    I should work. Ithink yr having permission problems

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net
    dkrishnan at geniant dot com
    http://www.geniant.com

    Dilip Krishnan, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Patrick

    Geoman Guest

    In the web.config file add the section so the WSE 2.0 writes trace on the web
    services application folder. More help can be found in wse documentation.

    The following code example specifies that tracing is enabled and specifies
    the files that the trace is written to for incoming and sent SOAP messages.

    Copy Code
    <configuration>
    <microsoft.web.services2>
    <diagnostics>
    <trace enabled="true"
    input="inputTrace.webinfo"
    output="outputTrace.webinfo"/>
    </diagnostics>
    </microsoft.web.services2>
    </configuration

    Geoman, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Patrick

    Mark A. Deal Guest

    The problem is that trace is enabled but nothing is being produced! No
    InputTrace.webinfo file to be found, but internal logging shows that the web
    service methods are being properly invoked.

    This is driving me nuts.

    --
    Mark A. Deal
    Document & Data Solutions, LLC

    Mark A. Deal, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Patrick

    Geoman Guest

    Please make sure the web application account has write access to the folder
    this might cause you a problem.

    there is a tool call fiddler.exe (HTTP debugger) try this on the client it
    should show what request and response you got.

    Make sure yoiu have added right configuration handler in the web.config file.

    thanks'Geo

    Geoman, Mar 10, 2005