Messages to Myself

Joe Patrick

Is there a way that I can put messages in my Source code that does not show
up when the page is viewed. I am making a very long page and it would be
useful to have a memo to myself showing the different sections.
Thanks
Joe

Dylan Parry

Joe said:
Is there a way that I can put messages in my Source code that does not show
up when the page is viewed.

Yeah sure. They are called comments, and look like this:

<!-- This is a comment -->

Just make sure that you do not use -- anywhere within the comment,
otherwise you will prematurely end it with the result being extra text
possibly displaying in the browser.

Toby A Inkster

Joe said:
Is there a way that I can put messages in my Source code that does not show
up when the page is viewed. I am making a very long page and it would be
useful to have a memo to myself showing the different sections.

<!-- Hello. I am a comment. The browser will not display me. -->

Nico Schuyt

Joe said:
Is there a way that I can put messages in my Source code that does
not show up when the page is viewed. I am making a very long page and
it would be useful to have a memo to myself showing the different
sections.

<!-- Comments -->
But if you need it there is probably something wrong with your coding. Take
care that all presentational coding and most of the Javascript are in
separate files.
Nice site by the way!.
Do something about the orphaned pages (Click
http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/features/121trip.html to see what
happens if someone finds a link to your site in a search engine.)
Better: Ditch the frames.
Regards, Nico