Messaging

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Terry Orzechowski, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. >-----Original Message-----
    >Hi,
    >I need to build a internal messaging service without
    >using SMTP.
    >The customer wants it to opperate like internal email but
    >messages would added and sent using webforms.
    >
    >The messages would be stored on a SQL2000 db.
    >The users would access an inbox and respond back to one
    >account only.
    >The admin account would have the option of sending to
    >single, group or all users.
    >I have never done anything like this so suggestion would
    >be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks Ron
    >.

    Well Ron it sounds like you just have a database
    application here that stores messages? Each time a user
    logs in you query the database for messages that are for
    that user and display the messages that are for them in
    accordance with whatever business rules you have.

    Terry Orzechowski, Jun 28, 2003