Chris Morris

Toby A Inkster said:
Micah and I have been arguing that it is sensible to specify the character
set in <meta> *and* HTTP because then:

* if a user agent has access to the HTTP header and parses the HTML file,
then it can get the character set from either. If the two character sets
disagree, it might have to make an educated guess.

And according to the specs, should guess that the HTTP header is correct.