Meta-schema

White_Falcon

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has experience in constructing a meta-schema or a
meta-model.

I wish to build a meta-schema containing various data types and
components which would shape up a form schema. This schema would
obviously differ from one form to another. Lastly, I would have an
instance document which would contain the values for the respective
form fields.

To exemplify what I wish to implement -

At the top-most level - i.e. metaschema level, I would have the
following global elements

Form, checkboxes, radiobuttons, textfield, combobox and listbox

Then, on the schema level, I shape up my form using the above available
components only. Here I should also be able to define the data type of
the field. So I could have -

Name - textfield having data type string
Age - textfield having data type integer
Gender - radio button having options Male or Female
Education - listbox containing options School and University
Join Mailing List - a checkbox

And finally - I would have an instance document which will only have
values in it as below

<form>
<name>John</name>
<age>25</name>
<gender>male</gender>
<education>school</school>
<join_list>yes</join_list>
</form>

Any guidance in creating such a three-tier xml package would be much
appreciated...

Many thanks,

Rahul