Meta-schema

Discussion in 'XML' started by White_Falcon, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. White_Falcon

    White_Falcon Guest

    Hello,

    I wonder if anyone has experience in constructing a meta-schema or a
    meta-model.

    I wish to build a meta-schema containing various data types and
    components which would shape up a form schema. This schema would
    obviously differ from one form to another. Lastly, I would have an
    instance document which would contain the values for the respective
    form fields.

    To exemplify what I wish to implement -

    At the top-most level - i.e. metaschema level, I would have the
    following global elements

    Form, checkboxes, radiobuttons, textfield, combobox and listbox

    Then, on the schema level, I shape up my form using the above available
    components only. Here I should also be able to define the data type of
    the field. So I could have -

    Name - textfield having data type string
    Age - textfield having data type integer
    Gender - radio button having options Male or Female
    Education - listbox containing options School and University
    Join Mailing List - a checkbox

    And finally - I would have an instance document which will only have
    values in it as below

    <form>
    <name>John</name>
    <age>25</name>
    <gender>male</gender>
    <education>school</school>
    <join_list>yes</join_list>
    </form>

    Any guidance in creating such a three-tier xml package would be much
    appreciated...

    Many thanks,

    Rahul

    White_Falcon, Jan 16, 2005